About the Intermediate Elementary School
NEIE HOURS OF OPERATION - 8:15AM - 4:00PM
- NEIE doors open at 8:15AM. Students must report to the gymnasium or cafeteria until the bell rings at 8:30AM signaling when it is time to begin reporting to homerooms. Buses begin dropping off students at the north pool doors beginning at 8:15AM. Car-rider drop-off takes place in the east library parking lot. Adults are stationed at both entrances to greet and welcome students into the building. Breakfast will be served in the cafeteria beginning at 8:15AM. The core area doors will remain closed until the bell rings at 8:30AM.
SCHOOL DAY PROCEDURES
- Visitor parking is available during school hours in the north pool parking lot. Please ring the buzzer at the doorway entrance and wait to be buzzed into the building. You must report directly to the front office. Nobody will be permitted into the building through the east library parking lot doors. All visitors to NEIE must report to the north pool doors during the school day.
- All dismissal procedures at NEIE are conducted by way of announcements. The first announcement will be made at 3:30pm for all car riders and students riding referenced bus letters as called. The remaining bus riders will be dismissed through a series of additional announcements. Walkers will be dismissed by announcement at 3:40pm. Dismissal procedures take approximately 15 minutes, lasting from 3:30pm until 3:45pm. Inclement weather during the winter months may cause slight delays in dismissal operations.
8:15 Doors Open / Breakfast Is Served.
- 8:45 Tardy Bell Rings - All Students Arriving Past This Time Must Report To NEIE Office.
- 8:45 Classes Begin.
- 10:45 4th Grade Lunch/Recess Begins.
- 11:25 5th Grade Lunch/Recess Begins.
- 12:05 3rd Grade Lunch/Recess Begins.
- 3:30 Car-Rider Dismissal [North Pool Parking Lot].
- 3:30 Bus Dismissal [South Davis Doors].
- 3:40 Walker Dismissal [East Library Doors].
Nurturing ~ Enthusiasm ~ Inspiring ~ Excellence
The North East Intermediate Elementary (NEIE) School consists of grades 3-5 and makes up one half of the Elementary Center, with Earle C. Davis Primary comprising the other half of the building. In the truest sense of the words, collaboration and teamwork are essential as the staffs of both buildings work collectively in educating our elementary students. Areas such as the gymnasium, cafeteria, library, and many other common locations are shared by all students and faculty in the building. While housed under one roof, staffs of both schools work closely together to create a seamless elementary program.
The Intermediate Elementary school is filled with motivated learners eager to continue their journey of learning that was begun in the Primary School. A key theme at NEIE is the concept of departmentalization. This term means that teachers in each grade level have a focused content area that they are responsible to instruct on a daily basis. In turn, the students begin to “travel” and are taught by several teachers throughout each school day. Students are exposed to a variety of content including: language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, art, library, music, aquatics, and physical education. They also are given every opportunity to engage and interact with technology, both in their classrooms as well as in the computer lab.
The PA Core Standards drive the overall curriculum at the Intermediate School. To this end, instructional content is heavily geared to meeting the requirements found within the PA Core. Students will begin to be tested on state PSSA assessments in third grade. These assessments are entirely aligned to the PA Core and serve as one measure of effectiveness for student learning. It is important to note that both student achievement and student growth are key concepts for the staff at NEIE. It is a philosophical tenet of the Intermediate School administration and faculty that parent involvement is critical to the learning process of children. We strive to build connections and maintain open lines of communication with parents to maximize the learning possibilities for all students. As we continue the academic and extracurricular development of our students in school, we ask for the continued support of all parents at home as well. Together, we will truly be successful in growing all learners!
As a part of the Intermediate Elementary it has been a great pleasure to work with the fourth grade students helping them improve their skills at every level of learning. It is an exciting time here as we update programs, reach for new goals and develop children’s potential.